SIPs offer superior energy efficiency to conventional stick-frame building.
Enercept Structural Insulated Panels give architects and builders an easy way to create an air-tight building envelope that will improve the energy efficiency and durability of any home or light commercial building.
For the past 38 years, Enercept has been the go-to construction solution for a wide range of light commercial projects—from standalone buildings, to strip malls, churches and even very large facilities—like casinos. Architects appreciate the flexibility in design that SIPs offer—tenants appreciate the comfort, low environmental impact and, best of all, reduced costs of operation.
Builders and Architects alike enjoy working with Enercept SIPs for several reasons:
- Meets Continuous Insulation Requirements of the new IECC 2012/2015 codes
- 40-60% Less Energy Usage - Beginning on January 1, 2012, all new homes must follow the ENERGY STAR Version 3 guidelines that include higher insulation levels and an expanded thermal enclosure checklist. Building with structural insulated panels (SIPs) allows builders to meet these requirements faster and easier than with traditional wood framing by creating a well-insulated and airtight building enclosure in a single step.
- Enercept Structures go up quickly, are straighter, flatter, stronger and provide an exceptional construction experience.
Reduce Framing Labor by 55%, Shorten construction duration. Eliminate most insulation labor. Downsize HVAC equipment, and get a Warmer, Tighter, Stronger, Quieter building.
- Improved Dimensional Stability - Enercept’s 6” Structural Insulated Panels are 2 ½ time stronger than a 2 X 6 Stud Wall. One of the added benefits of building a super-insulated laminated panel is their incredible strength and stability. Flat, straight, strong and stable over the long-haul. Stick-framing relies on the integrity of a multitude of connection points between 2xs and sheathing. With SIPs, loads are distributed across the entire panel due to the continuous bond between the sheathing and rigid insulation.
- Less Raw Materials / Waste - No jobsite waste. With the exception of caulk packaging, everything that arrives on the Enercept delivery truck gets used in erecting the building….nothing goes in the dumpster.
- Architects are gaining design flexibility and environmental product benefits. Enercept takes pride in being the most customizable product on the market. From a curved panel design to a segmented one and everything in-between, Enercept's handcrafted panels can take on almost any design you can imagine.