Reports To: Drafting Supervisor
Summary: Operates Computer Aided Design (CAD) computer system to create accurate, detailed drawings that are utilized in the manufacturing of Structural Insulated Panels (SIPS) and the construction of buildings. These detailed drawings may incorporate the input of engineers, architects and surveyors and can specify dimensions, codes, materials and production methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Other duties may be assigned, including cross-training and/or working in other departments.
- Design floor plans to fit panel system using AutoCAD and panelizing software (hsbCAD).
- Coordinates the collection of data and incorporates this information into drawings.
- Consults in a professional and timely manner with customers, dealers, internal team members, architects, engineers, surveyors while preparing precise drawings.
- Responsible for maintaining an organized filing system for customer and production drawings.
- May be required to draw finished designs from sketches.
- Responsible for becoming familiar with a variety of the field’s basic concepts, practices and procedures.
- Modify and revise designs to correct deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Accountable for providing prompt and accurate drafting support to customers, dealers and other team members as needed or requested.
- Takes independent actions as needed to accomplish a 120,000 square foot of panel produced annually.
- Reports daily hours worked into time management software (Field Ease).
Job Specific Competencies:
- Education and/or Experience: Two year post- secondary degree in Drafting Technology or equivalent experience of five years.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with other team members and customers, providing specific direction.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as basic addition, multiplication, division, and subtraction along with the fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to perform operations using the standard and metric units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with situations involving several possible solutions.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer hardware and software.
- Other Qualifications: Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Essential Physical Functions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions and responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to working extra hours, when necessary to achieve goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking, passion, optimism and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values; aligns work with established goals; implements cost-saving measures. Consistently acts as a representative of Enercept, Inc. by personifying the company’s Builder’s Choice maxim.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; develops realistic action plans; sets goals and objectives; uses time efficiently to meet productivity standards; completes tasks accurately and on time; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Strategic Thinking – Processes information; uses intuition and experience to complement information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; meets commitments; gives and solicits feedback; manages difficult or emotional situations; provides customer service to fellow team members by responding promptly to needs.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions of the position have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This document does not constitute an offer of employment or create an employment contract of any kind. Any job offer will not provide a contract other than an at-will relationship between Enercept Inc. and employee. Enercept is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Please email your Resume' with Cover Letter to Amanda: firstname.lastname@example.org or send to: Enercept, Inc., 3100 9th Ave SE, Watertown, SD 57201
(Date Revised: January 2013)